|AUDITIONS FOR OUR SPRING PLAY|
Coming this spring, the hilarious yet touching comedy,
by Garson Kanin.
Auditions will be held
Feb. 23, 24 at 7:00 PM
Feb. 26th at 7:30
at our theater space in the
Bellport Boys & Girls Club
471 Atlantic Ave., Bellport NY
The play tells the story of a millionaire junk dealer with designs on Washington politics.
He hires a sophisticated writer to educate his less-than-sophisticated girlfriend, Billie Dawn, who ends up falling for the writer and turning the tables on her boyfriend's shady business deals.
Performance dates will be:
Friday: April 24 and May 1, 2015
Saturday: April 25 and May 2, 2015
Curtain: 8 pm
Sunday, April 26 and May 3,2015
Curtain: 3 pm
To display and print an audition application form,
Below are the characters in the play:
• Billie Dawn: (30-40 yrs) A charming but poorly educated ex-chorus girl, Billie Dawn is entirely lacking in social graces. Her natural honesty and desire to improve her lot in life, however, soon cause her to experience a wonderful transformation.
• Harry Brock: (40-60 yrs) A vulgar and egotistical junkman, Harry Brock has come to Washington full of fraudulent schemes. Loud and verbally and physically abusive of those around him, including Billie, he soon finds his crooked machinations going awry when he crosses her.
• Paul Verrall: (25-35 yrs) A young, idealistic reporter, Paul Verrall has been investigating political skullduggery in Washington. He is hired by Harry Brock to educate Billie Dawn and eventually sees past her rough exterior and falls in love with her.
• Ed Devery: (55-65 yrs) Harry Brock’s lawyer, thirty years ago Ed Devery was considered a man destined for greatness. Now, with Brock as his only client, the future looks far less bright—but with a salary of $100,000 a year and plenty of fine Scotch, Devery is past caring.
• Senator Norval Hedges: (55-65 yrs) Pale, thin, and worn down at sixty years old, Senator Norval Hedges is a nervous politician currently on the payroll of Harry Brock, who plans on using the senator for his own means.
• Mrs. Hedges: (55-65yrs) The wife of Senator Norval Hedges
• Eddie Brock: (30-40 yrs) Brother of Harry, Eddie Brock often handles the little details of his older brother’s business, “greasing the wheels,” as it were, with tips and pay-offs.
• PLUS SEVERAL OTHER SMALLER ROLES THAT ARE IDEAL FOR PEOPLE NEW TO ACTING
Harry: p. 14 (Devery); p. 16 (Paul); p. 31 (Hedges, Devery); p. 62 & 67 (Billie)
Billie: p. 24 (Devry); p.49 (Paul); p. 62 & 67 (Harry); p.76 (Eddie)
Paul: p. 8 (Helen); p. 16 (Harry); p. 49 (Billie)
Ed Devery: p. 14 (Harry); p. 24 (Billie)
Senator Hedges: p.31 (Harry, Devery)
Helen: p.8 (Paul)
Eddie Brock: p.76 (Billie)
Mrs. Hedges: Read for Helen
As usual, we are also looking for anyone who is interested in being involved behind-the-scenes for this production including set painting, costumes, make-up, and finding props.
Please visit our section called "Memories from Past Shows" which features photos, art work and credits from past shows.
Fifty years of Playcrafters' history is a lot to cover so this section will grow and remain a work in progress for some time.
In addition to our shows, there have been many social activities we'd like to remember as well.
If you have any pictures to contribute, comments, suggestions or stories, please contact our webmaster .
"Like" us on FaceBook
and join the conversation.